Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very tasty dish, don't be afraid of the garlic! Serve this as a side dish withCarne Asada (there are loads of recipes for Carne Asada here on Zaar)
- 3 heads garlic, peeled and cloves separated (That's right heads not cloves -- apprx 12 oz total)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 9 cups broccoli florets
- Lightly oil a 8-10" square baking pan.
- place the garlics cloves in the pan and mix in the olive oil.
- Bake at 475F until the garlic just begins to brown (don't over do it) apprx 20 minutes.
- While the garlic is roasting bring a large pot of water to the boil (large enough to hold the broccoli).
- When the water is boiling add the broccolic and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- You want the broccoli heated through but still very crisp.
- Drain and put the broccoli in ice cold water, drain and do it again.
- In a shallow bowl mix the soy& sesame oil, mix, add to the garlic and stir.
- Toss the broccoli with the garlic mixture.
I was afraid of the amount of garlic, but it really was good. I am always looking for low cal veggie recipes, and this is definatley a winner!
Terrific recipe, which I will certainly make quite often!
A nice flavorful salad that goes together quickly. All that garlic is a real treat, and it made the house smell great while it roasted! I did cut each clove in half since they were really big. Thanks for the recipe Bergy; I'll make it again.