Recipe by Sharon123
You can use leftover roast beef or steak in this main dish salad! Adapted from Woman's Day magazine (May, 2005) You may use the dressing posted here, or your own! I like this with balsamic dressing, but I pour the dressing posted here first, then the balsamic on top.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
This was okay, I omitted the cilantro and jicama, I felt the dressing needed more "oomph" though and definately needed more oil, the lime juice was just a wee bit overpowering for our taste, in place of roast beef I used leftover steak strips that i keep in my freezer, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten
- 1⁄8 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 12 ounces sliced deli roast beef, cut in strips
- 2 small cucumbers, quartered lengthwise, sliced
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup jicama, peeled, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, sliced in thin slivers
- toasted pumpkin seeds, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dressing:.
- Place dressing ingredients into a large bowl. Whisk to blend. Set aside.
- For the salad:.
- Place salad ingredients in a bow. Toss to mix and coat. Mound the salad on a platter; pour over dressing and sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds to garnish. Enjoy!