You can use leftover roast beef or steak in this main dish salad! Adapted from Woman's Day magazine (May, 2005) You may use the dressing posted here, or your own! I like this with balsamic dressing, but I pour the dressing posted here first, then the balsamic on top.
- 1⁄8 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 12 ounces sliced deli roast beef, cut in strips
- 2 small cucumbers, quartered lengthwise, sliced
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup jicama, peeled, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, sliced in thin slivers
- toasted pumpkin seeds, to garnish
- For the dressing:.
- Place dressing ingredients into a large bowl. Whisk to blend. Set aside.
- For the salad:.
- Place salad ingredients in a bow. Toss to mix and coat. Mound the salad on a platter; pour over dressing and sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds to garnish. Enjoy!
This was okay, I omitted the cilantro and jicama, I felt the dressing needed more "oomph" though and definately needed more oil, the lime juice was just a wee bit overpowering for our taste, in place of roast beef I used leftover steak strips that i keep in my freezer, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten