Recipe by ann2boys
This recipe from a friend is versatile and can be served chilled or at room temperature.
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 12 ounces black beans, drained
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, diced
- 1⁄2 avocado, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, minced
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno, diced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix up salad ingredients.
- Mix up dressing ingredients.
- Combine and let flavors blend for at least 30 minutes.
- We served the avocado on the side since only my husband likes it. The cilantro is a key ingredient for this. I made the dressing as written but doubled the lime juice. We used brown organic rice and home cooked black beans instead of canned.
- Cooking time is for the 3rd step. Not included is the time to cook the rice.