Recipe by luvinlif2k
Serve this rice with chicken or as a main dish for a light meal. From Extending the Table. Submitted for ZWT 2007.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 small onion, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water or 1 cup broth
- 2 medium green peppers, cut in strips
- 1 cup corn (canned or frozen)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 -2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large, heavy frypan.
- Add uncooked rice and fry for 1-2 minutes, stirring gently.
- Add onion, garlic, 1/2 cup water and salt.
- Cook until all water is absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Add 1 cup boiling water or broth, pepper strips and corn.
- Cover and simmer about 20 minutes, without stirring, until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and spread sour cream over the top.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Cover and let stand 5-10 minutes until cheese melts.