Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Recipe derived from a recipe called Texas Caviar which was black beans,jack-cheese,taco mix, rice and I foregt what else. I wanted a BRIGHT colorful, chilled salad. Hence the use of Salzon Goya to make the rice yellow. Adding the salsa and purple and green onions and white feta cheese seemed to take care of every color. The ORIGINAL Texas Caviar recipe used cubed Monterrey Jack Ch
- 1 cup raw rice, to cook and chill
- 1 package sazon goya (con pimienta)
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 container miniature salad tomatoes
- 1 purple onion
- 16 ounces salsa (use your favorite, I use Yodar's Killer Salsa-Recipe on file here)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 can drained black beans (Turtle beans?)
- 1 can drained black-eyed peas
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 8 ounces Italian salad dressing (I used Good Seasons)
- Cook rice w/ Salzon Goya and Chili powder.
- Chop onions and combine all ingredients with Rice.
- Apply dressing.
- Serves cold, keeps well, tastes delicious and has no side effects.