Recipe by babygirl65
My grandmother use to make this for us when we were little. It was so sweet and so good. Comfort food, especially on a cold winter morning....
Top Review by Mamacita38
Definitely cook the rice with the milk and cinnamon sticks...also use pearl rice instead of long-grain. I added a 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon with the vanilla at the end...yummy! Enjoy!
- 2 cups rice, uncooked, not instant
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 quarts whole milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, place cinnamon sticks, add the whole milk and bring to a boil.
- Add the rice, lower the flame and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Add sugar and condensed milk and simmer for about 3 to 5 more minutes.
- Add vanilla and remove from heat.
- Serve warm in custard dishes, you can add raisins if you like.