Recipe by nickie409
I found this recipe on allrecipes, and I tweaked it just a little bit. I brought it to a party, and it was a HUGE hit.
Top Review by Cook4_6
Quick and soooooo easy....very basic and easy to build on! A perfect side for Mexican night! Topped with fresh pico de gallo and a dab of sour cream made me think I was in my local Mexican restaurant.
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml uncooked long-grain white rice
- 9.85 ml garlic salt
- 1.23 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml taco seasoning
- 59.14 ml chopped onion
- 118.29 ml tomato sauce
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add rice and cook, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle with salt, cumin, and taco seasoning.
- Cook stirring constantly, until slightly translucent (about 10 min).
- Stir in onions and cook until tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce and chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.