I found this recipe on allrecipes, and I tweaked it just a little bit. I brought it to a party, and it was a HUGE hit.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add rice and cook, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle with salt, cumin, and taco seasoning.
- Cook stirring constantly, until slightly translucent (about 10 min).
- Stir in onions and cook until tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce and chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.