Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple, cheap, filling, & yummy. Rice, hamburger, salsa, & cheese.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 -2 cup salsa (I use Pace chunky medium)
- 2 cups cooked rice (your choice, Instance Rice may be used)
- 4 1⁄2 cups grated cheese
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1. Cook hamburger, onion, & seasons until done.
- 2. Add cooked rice & salsa.
- 3. Add grated cheese.
- 4. Cover & continue cooking for approximately 5 minutes (until cheese is melted).
- Serve while hot.
- This mixture can be wrapped in soft flour tortillas w/additional salsa added.
I made this with brown rice and didn't put the cheese in the skillet, just sprinkled some over the top. I also chopped a zucchini into it as the meat was cooking. Really easy to make and I have good leftovers.
Substituted Vigo Mexican Rice for white rice. Everyone liked this.