Recipe by Pam-I-Am
A great way to use a pound of ground beef and make a dinner that all will love. It's so easy too! If you cannot find Mexicorn by Green Giant, you can use a regular can of corn or frozen corn. To control the heat of the dish, you can choose mild, medium or hot salsa!
Top Review by ChrissyDee
This is an easy recipe for a quick dinner! I did not use the corn salsa, since I did not have any in my cupboard. I subbed the salsa for Diced tomatoes with green chilies. For my sides: Corn bread and Jalapenos Poppers! Yum!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the 2 cups of water and long grain rice in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, place a lid on, set timer for 20 minutes and cook rice until done.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and drain. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- In large mixing bowl, add the jar of salsa to the ground beef. Also add chili powder, Mexicorn, rice and salt. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined well.
- Spray a 2 quart casserole dish. Put rice mixture into dish. Cover with a lid or foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- At 30 minutes, take off lid/foil. Add shredded cheddar cheese evenly over top and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.