1/4 Photos of Mexican Rice Casserole
A great way to use a pound of ground beef and make a dinner that all will love. It's so easy too! If you cannot find Mexicorn by Green Giant, you can use a regular can of corn or frozen corn. To control the heat of the dish, you can choose mild, medium or hot salsa!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the 2 cups of water and long grain rice in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, place a lid on, set timer for 20 minutes and cook rice until done.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3In a skillet, brown ground beef and drain. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- 4In large mixing bowl, add the jar of salsa to the ground beef. Also add chili powder, Mexicorn, rice and salt. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined well.
- 5Spray a 2 quart casserole dish. Put rice mixture into dish. Cover with a lid or foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- 6At 30 minutes, take off lid/foil. Add shredded cheddar cheese evenly over top and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.6
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 71.1 mg
- Sodium 1005.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 23.3 g