Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from Rachel, my MIL. Time to cook does not include time to cook rice.
Make and share this Mexican Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies, drained
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Combine other ingredients with cooked rice and pour into a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350* for approximately 30 minutes.
This caught my eye as I was scanning new recipes,so I made it last night and we all really liked it.But why not? How can you go wrong with sour cream? The only switch I made was to use ground turkey that I browned with a little onion.Delicious!