Recipe by Steven L.
Perfect for any occasion. You can spice it up and add veggies if you wish for a more Spanish flavor.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cups uncooked rice (long grain works best)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce or 1 (8 ounce) can El Pato salsa de fresco
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 1 (14 ounce) cansimilar size jar salsa
- 1 -2 cooked chicken breast, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large dutch oven, brown rice in oil.
- Add the onion and garlic until soft and translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, tomato sauce, and bouillon cube and bring to a boil for 60 seconds.
- Back down to simmer and cook on low for 18-20 minutes with the lid on.
- When all of the liquid is gone, add tomatoes and chicken, mixing well.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff and serve.