Recipe by gailanng
Something I've recently discovered...rice bowls. The Mexican ones. Ay, caramba!
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Delicious! I absolutely love rice bowls and this one did not disappoint. It was very flavorful due to the spice amounts used. The chipotle powder is a really unique flavor and I really enjoyed it. I used brown rice and served the rice bowl with sour cream, shredded cheese, tortilla chips and flour tortilla. Yum! Made for ZWT8 Mexico/Tex-Mex/SW regions. Gracias.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups white rice, cooked (cooked) or 2 cups brown rice (cooked)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (for topping)
- sour cream (for topping)
- tortilla chips (optional) or warmed flour tortilla (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet. Season chicken cubes with salt and pepper. Add chicken to the skillet and cook until well browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet, and saute for approximately 5 minutes or until soft. Add in red and green peppers, continue to saute on medium-low heat until peppers are soft, about 7 minutes.
- Once softened, add all remaining ingredients (except rice and cheese), as well as the cooked chicken. Stir until all ingredients are mixed well and heated through; adjust salt and pepper.
- Serve over rice with shredded cheese and sour cream. Even heartier with a side of tortilla chips or warmed tortillas.