1/3 Photos of Mexican Rice Bowl With Chicken
Something I've recently discovered...rice bowls. The Mexican ones. Ay, caramba!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups white rice, cooked (cooked) or 2 cups brown rice (cooked)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (for topping)
- sour cream (for topping)
- tortilla chips (optional) or warmed flour tortilla (optional)
- 1Cook rice according to package instructions.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet. Season chicken cubes with salt and pepper. Add chicken to the skillet and cook until well browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- 3Add onion and garlic to skillet, and saute for approximately 5 minutes or until soft. Add in red and green peppers, continue to saute on medium-low heat until peppers are soft, about 7 minutes.
- 4Once softened, add all remaining ingredients (except rice and cheese), as well as the cooked chicken. Stir until all ingredients are mixed well and heated through; adjust salt and pepper.
- 5Serve over rice with shredded cheese and sour cream. Even heartier with a side of tortilla chips or warmed tortillas.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Rice Bowl With Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (532 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 832.9
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 64.4 mg
- Sodium 804.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 126.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.5 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 38.9 g