Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Dress up any mexican meal with this easy, tasty side dish. For a complete meal serve with avocado slices drizzled with lime juice, warm Tortillas.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2⁄3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chilies
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in medium skillet.
- Add bell pepper and onion; cook until tender.
- Add rice: cook for 3 minutes.
- Add broth, chiles and tomato; bring to gentle boil.
- Cover; cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff rice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
This was really yummy! I did add some cilantro. I couldn't help it, I had soooo much of it! Excellent side dish for any mexican-style meal! My BF liked it better before I added the cheese but I think it is awesome either way! Thanks!
Very tasty. I love mexican rice and this one is so easy to make. Since we are vegetarians I replaced the chicken broth with my home made veggie broth and it tasted wonderful. Definetly a thumbs up.
Very tasty rice dish, I made this to go along with Seared Steak, Pepper & Onion Fajitas recipe #26546 and loved the combination of flavours together. This will become a favourite in our house, thanks for posting.