Recipe by MomRbts
Our families favorite!El Pato can be found in the mexican food isle, look for the bright yellow can.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 (8 ounce) canel pato tomato sauce (can use half a can if you don't want it so spicy)
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil, add onion and garlic and saute until onion is soft.
- Add rice and stir until rice is a golden color. Be careful not to burn.
- Add tomato sauce, stir and then add chicken broth and vegetables.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and turn heat down to low.
- Cook 25 minutes, don't peek.