Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe that I made up because I was craving something a little spicy and was too lazy to go get take- out from my favorite Mexican restaurant.
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 6 ounces taco seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) canchopped black olives, drained
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- In a medium pot bring the water to a boil and add the rice, salt, and taco seasoning.
- Stir well.
- Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in all the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat through for about 5 minutes if you like.
- Serve and enjoy.
I served this as a side to beef and bean enchiladas. I left out the black olives, and subbed 1 cup of salsa for the tomatoes. I let it sit about 5 minutes before I served and it got a little bit sticky, but it tasted really good. I topped each serving with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar. This is a really good, easy side dish :)