Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Authentic Mexican rice has a distinctive red-orange color and a slightly smoky, garlic and onion flavor. This popular side dish is made from white rice and typically features vegetables such as peas and carrots.
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package McCormick® Arroz a la Mexicana, Mexican Rice Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot
- bring water, tomato sauce, Seasoning Mix and oil to boil in 3-quart saucepan, stirring occasionally
- Bring water, tomato sauce, Seasoning Mix and oil to boil in 3-quart saucepan, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in instant rice and vegetables. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.