Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from Family Circle Tex-Mex for Zaar World Tour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 130 g tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Heat the oil in a medium NON STICK! pan, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rice and stir for 1-2 minutes, or until well coated in the oil.
- Add the tomato paste, cumin and stock to the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to very low, cover tightly with a lid and simmer for 25 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice tender.
- Fluff up the grains with a fork and serve as a side dish.
This was a lovely Mexican rice, quick and easy to prepare, and not overly spicy, thank you Satyne, good recipe, thanks for sharing! :)