Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
this is a variation of my grandmother's mexican rice. Just as a side note, after you remove the rice from the heat, keep it covered for the whole 15 minutes. The residual heat finishes cooking the rice.
- 29.58 ml oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 354.88 ml long grain rice
- 29.58 ml cilantro, chopped
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 283.49 g can rotel
- 396.89 g can chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- heat the oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Saute until soft.
- Add rice to the pan and coat thouroughly with oil.
- Add cilantro, tomato sauce, rotel, and chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper to personal taste.
- Raise heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and, keeping covered, set aside for 15 minutes.
- Uncover, fluff rice, serve, and enjoy.
Cooked this last night and hubby loved it. He told me this is a keeper so will be making this often.
I could eat troughs of this stuff and my kitchen smells like a taco truck. Made for All You Can Eat Buffet.