1/1 Photo of Mexican Rice
this is a variation of my grandmother's mexican rice. Just as a side note, after you remove the rice from the heat, keep it covered for the whole 15 minutes. The residual heat finishes cooking the rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1heat the oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Saute until soft.
- 2Add rice to the pan and coat thouroughly with oil.
- 3Add cilantro, tomato sauce, rotel, and chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper to personal taste.
- 4Raise heat to high and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and, keeping covered, set aside for 15 minutes.
- 7Uncover, fluff rice, serve, and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Rice
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.7
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 609.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 5.7 g