- 158.51 ml chopped onion
- 44.37 ml bacon fat
- 236.59 ml raw converted white rice (not instant)
- 236.59 ml chopped green pepper
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 236.59 ml Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 9.85 ml salt
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium heavy skillet with tight cover, saute onion in bacon fat.
- Stir in rice, pepper, chili powder, Ro-Tel tomatoes and salt.
- Add 2 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered for 20 minutes all liquid must be absorbed and rice should be tender if needed cook rice longer.
- If desired Garnish with shredded Cheddar cheese while rice is hot.