- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat
- 1 cup raw converted white rice (not instant)
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium heavy skillet with tight cover, saute onion in bacon fat.
- Stir in rice, pepper, chili powder, Ro-Tel tomatoes and salt.
- Add 2 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered for 20 minutes all liquid must be absorbed and rice should be tender if needed cook rice longer.
- If desired Garnish with shredded Cheddar cheese while rice is hot.