Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I actually found this recipe on here but I decided to repost it because I cannot find the original. Very unique with lots of flavor
- 2 small green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used olive oil)
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked medium grain rice
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups water (I had to add about 3/4 cup extra as cooking progressed)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar picante sauce (I used hot)
- Saute peppers, onion, & garlic in oil with rosemary and basil until veggies are tender.
- Stir in rice, tomato, salt, pepper, & picante to taste (I used approx 3/4 jar).
- Cook & stir for 3-5 minutes.
- Add water; cover and cook on low, stirring frequently, until rice is done.
This is a good Mexican rice recipe but you didn't give a time for how long to cook the rice. I cooked mine about 15 minutes but I think it could have stood another 5 or 10 minutes cooking time. Made for My 3 Chefs 2013.