Recipe by Ana_Isa
This is a yummy rice recipe my grandma would make oh so often as a side dish, and we would all gobble it up! Consistency of the rice is the most important part of this recipe - too mushy or crunchy is no good, so measuring out the chicken broth and the rice are important. Enjoy!
Top Review by newmama
This was a good basic recipe. I used rotel instead of tomatoes and added some salsa too. I used more cumin, salt and added chili powder. As is it was too bland for us but with extra amounts of listed spices it is tasty! I did use peas for the vegetable.
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups frozen vegetables (carrots or peas work best)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- aluminum foil (or lid for pan)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil on medium in a large sauce pan. Add the rice and toast slightly, turning it frequently, to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Once it's started changing color and expanding, add the chicken broth, tomato sauce, and veggies. Mix ingredients together, then add salt, black pepper, and cumin.
- Reduce heat to medium low-ish and cover sauce pan with aluminum foil or lid. Let cook for 20 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.