Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe we came up with one night by using leftover rice and whatever was left in the cupboards, but this rice is easy to make, makes a lot of food, and tastes great!
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1 (26 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 green pepper, seeded & diced
- 1⁄2 Spanish onion, diced
- 0.5 (50 g) package taco seasoning mix
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, pour in rice tomatoes and water. Cover and bring to a boil. Turn off for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a frying pan, sauté the onions, peppers and half of the taco seasoning in the oil.
- Uncover the rice and add peppers and onions, the rest of the seasoning mix and the beans. Stir to combine.
- Serve with grated cheddar cheese and sour cream on top.