Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Southern Living; this is atypical. More creamy, cheesy than spicy tomatoey. I serve it with my sloppy-gloppy chicken enchiladas.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- extra shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Mix together first 8 ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes.
Simply the best. Very rich and creamy. The cheeses make this incredible but the cumin is really the star of this dish. Deserves more than 5-stars in my opinion. My family loved it as well. Thanks for a most delicious recipe.
Hands down, this is the best rice dish I have ever made. Didn't have any sour cream, so I substituted homemade buttermilk ranch dressing, which was about the same consistency. Absolutely delicious. Thanks so much for posting.
Another great one. I made this to go with your chicken enchiladas. The perfect side dish. Very cheesy and the cumin flavor was a real stand-out along with the green chilies. Easy to make too. Thanks Nurse Di. We sure do like your stuff.