Recipe by AzMunkyMexico
I really like this recipe because it is pretty simple and always a hit for when you just can't think of a side dish to make. We eat Mexican food all the time and this just goes! Don't get discouraged if the first few times this doesn't come out how you expect...Once you have tried it a couple times it's like clock work!
- 2 cups medium-grain white rice
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 4 cups water (approx)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 -3 chicken bouillon cubes or 2 -3 beef bouillon cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1/3 cup of oil into frying pan onto medium heat.
- Once the oil is heated add the rice to the oil. You are going to want to simmer the rice until it is a golden brown color, do not let it burn. It will take away from the flavor.
- Once rice is golden brown add water. Let rice simmer for 3-5 minutes then add the chicken bullion and tomato sauce.
- Let simmer on medium heat for 3-5 minutes and then cover with lid. Let rice cook until done/dry. If the rice still looks a little on the raw side just as the water looks like its starting to dry up, feel free to add more and recover let cook.