Recipe by Brandi homemaker
This recipe is very good with just about anything. I don't use a recipe when I make this so you can adjust your seasonings and veggies to your taste. Enjoy!
Top Review by amie atwood
This recipe was great. I am a vegetarian so I used vegetable broth and it was great. I added just a little chili powder as a spice and it really rounded out the Mexican flavor of the dish. GREAT RECIPE! Do you have one for enchilada sauce?
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 -3 roma tomatoes, with skin removed and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup canned corn
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup any oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon cumin
- chicken broth
- black pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet with a lid pour in oil over medium heat. When oil is ready add tomatoes, onion, garlic, bell pepper, and corn. Saute about 5 minutes or until veggies start getting soft. Feel free to add more oil as needed.
- Add uncooked rice and tomato sauce to skillet with veggies. Stir around until rice looks pink and mixture is getting dry.
- On the back of the rice package look to see how much water is needed for the rice to cook. Once you find out how much water you need add that amount of chicken broth to the mixture instead of the water.
- Add Seasonings to taste and when the mixture starts to boil, Cover, reduce heat and simmer until all water is absorbed. Do not stir. When rice is done fluff with fork and enjoy!