1/3 Photos of Mexican Rice
Jan #7's Note:
This is my mothers recipe. Make sure to use a generic brand white rice. It may look runny at first but once it cools it thickens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup white rice (uncooked)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth (Swanson Brand)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 -3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 chopped onion
- 1/8-1/4 chopped green bell pepper
- 1 chopped fresh tomato
- 6 -7 teaspoons tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup frozen peas (optional)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Crush garlic and cumin together in mocajete.
- 2Add small amount of chicken broth to mocajete.
- 3Place oil in pan. Add rice and cook until lightly browned.
- 4Add onion and bell pepper to pan.
- 5Saute a few minutes, then add the fresh tomatoes and cook a few more minutes.
- 6Add the liquid from the mocajete to the pan with the rest of the chicken broth.Add a small amount of salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes, add frozen peas.
- 8Cover and simmer on medium to low flame until liquid is absorbed.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Rice
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.0
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 558.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper