Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
From All Recipes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Heat oil in a large over medium heat and add rice. Cook, stirring constantly, until puffed and golden. While rice is cooking, sprinkle with salt and cumin.
- Stir in onions and cook until tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce and broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Don't lift the lid or stir while its cooking. Fluff with fork.
this was good but the broth flavor was very predominate. We actually threw everything in the rice cooker and it came out well! We also added some peas and corn. Thanks!
Very tasty. Actually tastes just like the rice at the Tex-Mex restaurants around here. Easy and quick. Thx!
Delicious and so easy! I even used instant rice- fried it in the oil with the spices and then added the tomato sauce and broth and microwaved as per directions on the box. Used as a burrito filling.