- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups vegetable broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large over medium heat and add rice. Cook, stirring constantly, until puffed and golden. While rice is cooking, sprinkle with salt and cumin.
- Stir in onions and cook until tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce and broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Don't lift the lid or stir while its cooking. Fluff with fork.