Recipe by Nevada Mom
I threw this together in a pinch when my son announced to me that he needed a rice dish for his Spanish class the night before he needed it. I used what was in the house, and lo and behold, it turned out delicious!
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel chili fixins tomatoes
- 4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan and add the green onion and rice.
- Saute' on medium heat until the rice is lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomatoes, water and salt (to your liking), turn heat to medium-high and bring to a slight boil.
- Stir, cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 25 minutes (no peeking), until the rice is done.
- Remove from heat and stir.
- It is a bit spicy, so you may want to add (1) 14 oz can of ready-cut, diced tomatoes to make it a little milder.