Prep 8 hrs
Cook 25 mins
Appetizers for the backyard chef
- 1 tablespoon Mexican hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups Burgundy wine
- 3 lbs spareribs, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- Combine the hot sauce, chili powder and wine.
- Marinate the ribs in this overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove the ribs and reserve the marinade.
- Fire up the grill!
- In a blender or food processor, purée the rest of the ingredients with the marinade to make a basting sauce.
- Grill the ribs, basting frequently with the sauce.
Everyone enjoyed these ribs! We baked them first so they didn't have to be on the grill so long. Delicious!