Recipe by beth
This is a recipe that I got off a food blog and tweaked to my liking. My ten year old daughter, Caroline, has eaten three batches in four days! It is so simple to make. I like it better after it has sat awhile in the fridge for the flavors to meld.
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos (Del Monte is the brand I use)
- juice of one lime
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor or blender, throw in garlic and onion, pulse a few times to mince.
- Add tomatoes, juice of lime, cilantro(I buy a bunch and use about a 1/3), salt(1/2 tsp to start) and sugar(a good pinch to start).
- Pulse to the consistency you like. I prefer smooth.Keep tasting to adjust salt and sugar.
- Place in container and allow the flavors to meld for a little while. I like it both cold and room temperature.
- Break out the chips and enjoy!