1/4 Photos of Mexican Restaurant Salad
This is inspired by a salad from a popular Mexican restaurant chain. If you can't find Queso Fresco, you can substitute with a mild feta. Recipe is from San Francisco Firehouse Food: Cooking with San Francisco's Firefighters.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
CILANTRO-SOUR CREAM DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup stemmed coarsely chopped fresh cilantro (about 1/2 bunch)
- 1 green jalapeno chile, stemmed, seeded, and deribbed
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1To Make the Dressing: Put the lime juice, olive oil, mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and Parmesan in the container of a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- 2Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 3To toast the pumpkin seeds: heat the olive oil in a small skillet and add the pumpkin seeds.
- 4Toss continuously until the seeds are lightly toasted, about 3 minutes.
- 5Season to taste with salt and let cool.
- 6To Assemble the Salad: Combine the lettuce, onion, avocado, tortilla chips, and dressing in a large salad bowl.
- 7Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 8Sprinkle the queso fresco and toasted pumpkin seeds over the salad.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Restaurant Salad
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.7
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 114.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: