Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious Southwestern relish. While this recipe is written in an old-fashioned way, it is perfectly safe if processed using modern methods. If you are unfamiliar with these modern techniques, please go to http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/how/can_home.html for the current information.
- 1 pint vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard (Coleman's preferred)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 green tomatoes
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded
- 1 onion, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Heat vinegar; add chili powder and boil for ten minutes in a large saucepan.
- Add mustard and salt.
- Chop vegetables finely; add horseradish and place in a jar.
- Add boiling vinegar to cover.
- Serve with meat.