Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
A comfort Mexican dish, easy to make, for a good breakfast, kids love.
- 15 corn tortillas
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lb heavy cream
- 1⁄2 lb Cotija cheese or 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 white onion
- 5 fresh tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce (hunts)
- 2 dry ancho chilies
- You put the tortilla stripes for frying, until they start to get gold, take out, and let rest.
- In the oil that you used for the tortillas stripes, fry the tomatoes, until they get a little dark,
- Take out and put in the blender with the tomato sauce and the salt.
- Put the sauce in a pot with the dry chile ancho with the seeds,
- And bring to boil, when it is ready, put the tortillas, remember that they are chilaquiles, not a soup, .
- Serve with cream cheese and the unions cut in thin stripes, and enjoy it.