This is a recipe that I adapted. This recipe was printed in the cookbook that came with my crock pot over 25 years ago. The serving size is approximate. The number of servings depends on if you are serving this as a side or a main dish.
- Sort beans and wash under running water.
- Place beans in a large pan and bring to a boil.
- Boil 10 minutes, drain.
- Place the precooked beans in a crock pot adding water and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 to 2 hours, turn down to low and continue to cook for 8 hours.
- During cooking add additional hot water if needed.