Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is almost exactly the same as Mexican Red Almond Dipping Sauce (Vegan) except this is a raw foods version-- but I do cheat and microwave it gently ;) It has less oil due to not cooking the onion and garlic, and essentially just purees everything to oblivion. You can use storebought almond meal in place of the whole almonds.
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds (or almond meal)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup worth)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic (1 clove)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (chili powder, or red pepper flakes)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red cayenne
- Run the almonds through a food processor/blender until pulverized into almond meal, be careful not to let too much oil release or else you'll end up with almond butter.
- Put the almond meal, onion, garlic, and oil into the blender first and pulse twice.
- Add the tomato sauce, paprika, chile, and cayenne and pulse on a low speed until fully blended and smooth. It's ready to serve!