1/2 Photos of Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
I had some bell peppers I had to use and came up with this recipe tonight. They turned out great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 green bell peppers, tops cut off
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4-1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 -2 minced garlic clove, depending on how much you like
- 3 tablespoons diced green peppers (chop up the tops of the bell peppers when you cut them off)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced petite tomatoes, drained well
- 1/8 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup corn
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro, i use alot (use more or less depending on how much you like it.)
- 1Cook bell peppers in boiling water for 3-4 minutes to soften a little. (I did this because I was short on time and wanted to decrease baking time. You can of course, skip this and just stuff the raw peppers, then bake.).
- 2Cook Quinoa in chicken broth, NOT water!
- 3In a saucepan, sautee onions, garlic and chopped bell pepper tops.
- 4Add rest of ingredients and cook until warmed through.
- 5Fluff quinoa when it's done and add to saucepan with everything else.
- 6Stuff peppers with the mix.
- 7Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes depending on the size of your peppers and how much they cooked when they were pre-boiled. They should take no more than 15 minutes for smaller peppers. If you stuffed the peppers raw, they will need to bake for 30-40 minutes. Put a few tablespoons of water in the bottom of the dish too.).
- 8NOTE: I wanted to add olives, but had none, so those would be good too. Some cheddar cheese would be great too.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.4
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 73.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 15.9 g