Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A light salad with a Mexican flair. I love the cilantro.
Make and share this Mexican Quinoa Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, dry
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup ground beef, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup canned corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil.
- Lower heat & simmer for 15 minutes until quinoa looks almost clear.
- Remove from heat & mix in the chili powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients except lettuce & sour cream.
- Heat in microwave until warm throughout.
- Layer chopped lettuce in bottom of 2 serving bowls.
- Top with half of the quinoa mixture.
- Top with half of the beef mixture.
- Top with 1 T of sour cream each.