A very healthy alternative to a pasta casserole! Mostly hands off once everything is mixed, and yet another way to use the latest super food!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn, canned
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno, diced
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄3 cup broth
- 1 cup quinoa, toasted
- 1 lb 97% lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- sour cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix together the first seven ingredients, tomatoes through quinoa.
- 3. Pour into a 2 quart baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Replace foil and bake another 30 minutes.
- 4. While quinoa mixture is baking, prepare ground beef with taco seasoning and water. Simmer until water has evaporated.
- 5. When quinoa mixture has finished baking, remove from oven and fluff with a fork. Stir in taco seasoning beef. Top with cheddar cheese and run under broiler until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- 6. Serve with optional sour cream, chopped cilantro and lime juice squeezed over.