Witch Doctor's Note:
Hungry for a Mexican breakfast but don't want to fix for an army? Try this Mexican Quiche for one. Very simple to fix and simply delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (2 ounces)
- 3 ounces bulk pork sausage (I use pork Chorizo)
- 1 tablespoon chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk (or light cream or half and half)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- salsa (I use Paces) (optional)
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1Starting with a cold skillet, heat tortilla about 45 seconds or until warm, turning once.
- 2Place tortilla into a greased 15 ounce casserole.
- 3Top with 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- 4In the same skillet, cook sausage, green pepper and jalapeno until sausage is cooked and green pepper is crisp-tender; drain well.
- 5Spoon over tortilla and cheese in casserole.
- 6In a small bowl, combine egg, milk or cream, and salt. Mix well.
- 7Pour egg mixture into casserole.
- 8Top with remaining cheese.
- 9Bake in a 350 degree F. oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until firm.
- 10Serve with salsa and cilantro, if desired.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Quiche for One
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 708.6
- Calories from Fat 407
- Total Fat 45.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 350.2 mg
- Sodium 1022.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 47.5 g