Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Hungry for a Mexican breakfast but don't want to fix for an army? Try this Mexican Quiche for one. Very simple to fix and simply delicious!
- 1 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (2 ounces)
- 3 ounces bulk pork sausage (I use pork Chorizo)
- 1 tablespoon chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk (or light cream or half and half)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- salsa (I use Paces) (optional)
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- Starting with a cold skillet, heat tortilla about 45 seconds or until warm, turning once.
- Place tortilla into a greased 15 ounce casserole.
- Top with 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- In the same skillet, cook sausage, green pepper and jalapeno until sausage is cooked and green pepper is crisp-tender; drain well.
- Spoon over tortilla and cheese in casserole.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, milk or cream, and salt. Mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into casserole.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree F. oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until firm.
- Serve with salsa and cilantro, if desired.
This is a great recipe for one person. I loved the idea of using the tortilla as a crust. I used green onions, green peppers, and sweet corn. The baking time came out perfectly. Thanks!