Recipe by keen5
This was a big hit at my last party! Some guests were spooning salsa on it before eating, but most loved it plain. Prep and cook times approximate.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 8 -12 ounces canned chopped mild green chilies
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 4 cups grated monterey jack cheese (1 pound)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a 9x13 inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and add flour, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Add melted butter, leaving the pan buttered.
- Add chiles and cheeses.
- Mix together and pour into baking pan.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40-60 minutes.
- Test for doneness with a knife.
- Be sure quiche is set and knife blade comes out clean, when inserted in center.
- Cut into bite size squares while hot, but allow to cool slightly before removing from pan.
- This may be baked and frozen; reheat covered with foil.