Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a versatile and easy dish that can be served over rice, with taco shells or tortilla chips for a family or potluck dinner. You can use a crockpot and even start with a frozen roast. For a special occasion, serve with all the garnishes that accompany tacos, such as diced green or white onions, guacamole, pico de gallo, salsa and sour cream, You can spice this up by using a can of tomatoes and green chilis or add 2 tablespoons of diced green chilis. You can use chili, kidney or red beans.
- 3 -4 lbs chuck roast
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning mix or 1 1⁄4 ounces dry enchilada mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth (or use a can or left-over gravy)
- 2 cups mexican cheese (can use more or less, as desired)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar queso sauce
- taco shells or tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place roast onto aluminum foil for wrapping in large roasting pan.
- Mix the canned and liquid ingredients in a large bowl with the seasoning.
- Dump over the roast and wrap the foil tightly into a package.
- Roast for 3 to 4 hours.
- Using two forks, shred beef, mix together all the ingredients and return to oven for another half hour.
- Pop taco shells or tortilla chips into oven to warm for 15 minutes before serving.
- Top with shredded Mexican cheese or serve with queso on the side.