Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Easy to make and tasty too.
Make and share this Mexican Prune-Chipotle Pork recipe from Food.com.
- Prehat oven to 150°C (convert to °F).
- Sear the meat on all sides on a pan in the hot oil.
- Place on a baking dish in the oven for one hour.
- Process rest of the ingredients in the blender, strain, and pour over the meat.
- Continue cooking in oven until meat isdone and sauce is bubbly.
These are yummy and spicy carnitas! I really love the sauce that this creates, a wonderful deep-colored and balanced one! It is not sweet but it has a rich flavor. I used 4 chipotles out of the can and a bit of the sauce. This was just the right amount of spicy, not too hot but there was good heat to this dish. I used 5 roma tomatoes and I added salt. I love the low temp. roast on these (305 degrees F), it made the meat nice and tender. I used boneless pork stew meat and it was very lean and not fatty and next time, I would actually do a fattier piece of meat for even better flavor and tenderness!! I roasted my pork in a dutch oven with the lid on and after adding the sauce, I roasted for 30 more minutes and then the sauce was good and hot and bubbly. Served this with Corn and Fire-Roasted Poblano Salad With Cilantro and it paired wonderfully with it!!Thanks for the recipe Mexi-Rosie!!