Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I adapted this recipe from Las Palmes website. Loved it
Make and share this Mexican Pozole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs pork shoulder, trimmed of fat and cut into bite size pieces
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (29 ounce) can hominy
- 1 (28 ounce) can red chili sauce, Las Palmas
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- Heat oil in stock pot and brown pork. Add onions and garlic and cook stirring frequently for 12-14 minutes until onions are soft. Stir in chicken broth, hominy, chle sauce, chilies and oregano, Bring to a boil turn down heat and simmer for 40-45 minutes until pork is tender. Add corn flour and simmer five minutes until sauce thickens.