1/1 Photo of Mexican Potatoes With Cheese Sauce
Mrs B's Note:
This recipe comes from “Preserved” by Nick Sandler and Johnny Acton. I haven’t made it, but it sounds like a good vegetarian main dish or go with anything side dish. The recipe calls for 8 potatoes, but the authors fail to specify a size or weight. As there is no instruction to cut or slice the potatoes, my guess is that you’ll need 8 medium potatoes or between 1 and 1 1/2 lbs, depending on how and what you plan to serve this with. Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 3 dried hot red chilies, deseeded and crumbed
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 8 potatoes, peeled
- 1 fresh chili pepper, cut into thin strips (green or red)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, halved, to garnish
- 12 black olives, to garnish
- 1Mix the lemon juice and dried chillies in a bowl, season with salt and pepper, add the onion rings and leave to marinate until required (you could do this step more in advance if you like).
- 2Boil the potatoes in lightly salted water for about 15 minutes, or until cooked.
- 3While the potatoes are cooking make the sauce by combining all the ingredients except the olive oil in a blender; then heat the oil in a pan, add the blended sauce ingredients and simmer for about 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- 4TO ASSEMBLE THE DISH: drain the potatoes and place in a warmed serving dish, pour the sauce on top; drain the onion rings and scatter them and the chili strips over the top of the dish; garnish with hard-boiled eggs and olives.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Potatoes With Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (630 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1093.8
- Calories from Fat 542
- Total Fat 60.2 g
- Saturated Fat 28.2 g
- Cholesterol 289.3 mg
- Sodium 627.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.3 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 31.3 g