Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
The Blender Way to Better Cooking has such delicious recipes, and this is one of my favorites!
Make and share this Mexican Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 1 cup bread, cubed
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 2 stalks celery, cut up
- 1 medium onion, cut up
- 1 medium carrot, cut up
- 1⁄4 green pepper, seeded
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 1 head lettuce, broken into chunks
- Saute garlic and bread cubes in 1 tblsp.
- salad oil until bread is golden.
- Remove garlic and discard.
- Set bread cubes aside.
- Put cut up vegetables in blender container and cover with water.
- Cover container and run on high just until vegetables are coarsely chopped.
- Drain vegetables in colander or sieve; empty into a bowl.
- Put 1/4 cup salad oil, vinegar, and seasonings in blender container; cover and run on low just until blended.
- Pour over chopped vegetables; mix well.
- Add potatoes and toss lightly.
- Let stand 1 hour to marinate.
- At serving time, add lettuce and bread cubes; toss lightly.
This potato salad was so yummy! I'm always on the look out for potato salad with no mayo (egg allergy) so this was perfect. It had just the right amount of spice. Everyone in my family loved it, including picky husband and picky kids! We left out the bread due to a wheat allergy, and left out the lettuce (didn't have any) and it was delicious. Will definitely be hanging on to this recipe.